Are you looking for a way to use some of your end of season Rhubarb??
Making rhubarb vodka is a perfect option! All you need is a Kilner jar, some rhubarb and of course some vodka. Cheap bottom shelf stuff is perfectly suitable! So here is what to do!
- Take three or four stems of rhubarb and cut into half inch pieces
- then add them into a sterilised kilner jar
- Next add lemon or orange rind
- and about half a cup of sugar
- fill the jar up to the top with vodka and seal
- give in a few good shakes to combine everything
- place in a cool dark place for 3 to 6 weeks
- leave as long as possible and then strain through muslim
- bottle the strained liqueur and reserve the fruit.
It is ready to drink straight away but it will mature with age. The left over fruit is delicious in a crumble or made into jam.